Stay on Track
Twelve Important Steps To Keep You On Track For Your Healing
These steps will help you keep focused on where your help comes from. The enemy will attempt to send doubt and discouragement your way. If doubt and discouragement over take your heart a root of bitterness will begin to grown in your heart towards God and His Word. The result is that you will lose ground in your healing. Faith and Doubt can not occupy the same vessel and we are the one who controls which is welcome in the temple of God which our mortal bodies.
1. It is of utmost importance that you make God’s Word the final authority in your life. You must become convinced in your heart, knowing clearly from the Scriptures, that healing is a purchased possession for you. Make up your mind that you will not settle for anything less than what He promised for your life through His Word.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12
20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.” Romans 4:20-22
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree,” Galatians 3:13
2. Receive your healing by faith in prayer before the Lord. Settle it before the Lord and write down the date when you received it by faith. This is very important. You need to know for certain when you received your healing. By doing so, it will aid in abolishing doubt, fear and unbelief. When the devil attempts to convince you that you are not going to get healed, just put a smile on your face and tell him he’s too late, you’ve already received it by faith and then quote the date to him, then command him to leave! I suggest taking communion when you get ready to receive your healing, as the juice and the bread are symbolic elements of the covenant, His body broken and bruised for our healing and the blood shed for the forgiveness of our sin. You will note in 1 Corinthians 10:16 that Paul refers to communion as the cup of blessing! If you do a word search on the word “blessing” you will find that it means, empowered to succeed! Jesus’ redemptive work on the cross purchased the blessing, the empowerment for success and victory for you to experience and enjoy in the here and now!
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 1 Corinthians 10:16
3. Read through all of Healing Scriptures: God’s Rx page on this Blog and print out (copy/paste) certain selected scriptures that you feel the Holy Spirit has specifically pointed out for you to stand on and claim as your inheritance – commit some to memory as they are your ammunition scriptures to speak out when doubt says otherwise.
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; Ephesians 6:17
4. Daily, read out loud the healing scriptures, inserting your name in them where applicable, making them personal to you. Meditate, ponder, and chew on the truth of these Scriptures. Remember the Word of God is His personal love letter to you. Do this three times a day until your faith is built up for healing, then once a day to maintain your faith. Romans 10:17 says that “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” Build your faith and your doubts will starve to death!
5. Review and claim your Scriptures every time doubt comes to your mind and speak out faith declarations of what the Word says about you and your healing! Do the reverse of Mark 4:15 and steal the devils word immediately and replace it with the Word of God, your precious promises – 2 Peter 1:1-4. Remember the devil is after your faith and he wants you to believe in his ability to defeat the Word of God in your life. Don’t fall for that lie! The minute you begin to sense discouragement, catch yourself, recognize what’s going on, and immediately speak out the truth of God’s Word. Example: “Discouragement you are a lie – because I am a child of God, He loves me, I am the object of His affection. The Bible says no weapon formed against me will prosper. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Through Jesus I am an overcomer. Health and healing is in me now and is at work bringing forth the action of the Word of Life – the Word of God. I am free from degeneration; I am under the law of regeneration in Christ Jesus!”
And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. Mark 4:15
Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:1-4
6. Speak blessings over your body, and speak in line with the Word of God regarding your situation – don’t focus on and speak the problem – focus on and speak the answer. Your words are powerful – see Mark 11:23-24. We do not deny that sickness or disease is present, however we deny it the right to stay! Example: “Sickness/disease, you have no right to stay in my body, 1 Peter 2:24 tells me that by the stripes laid upon Jesus, I was (past tense) healed. I agree with the Word and call my body healed in Jesus Name. I command you to go, you have no place here. Body, I call you blessed in Jesus Name. I call you strong, vibrant and healthy – permeated with and full of the life of God.”
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:23-24
7. Make praise and worship an everyday part of your life – rejoicing at the promises and for your life in Christ. He truly deserves our adoration, for He is our everything, and He has given us the victory! , . Praise and worship will help you to be victory minded. See our page entitled The Precious Power of Praise.
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 1 John 5:4
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
But You are holy, O You Who dwell in [the holy place where] the praises of Israel [are offered]. Psalm 22:3
8. Learn to use the authority, which has been given to you by the Lord, to not only come against the sickness/disease, but to also run off any doubt and oppression that may be harassing you. Lay your hands on yourself and command the sickness to leave, command your body to line up with the Word of God. Tell doubt and unbelief and mental questioning to go in the Name of Jesus! Say, “I am a believer and not a doubter!!! I am a person of faith, I believe the Word.”
17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord. Isaiah 54:17
19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Mark 11:23
9. This is very important!!! Take time each day to get quiet and listen to the Lord – let Him minister to you and encourage you – He is The Comforter! A good time to do this is right after you’ve spent a little time in personal praise and worship – Psalm 100:4. We need to learn to recognize His voice. He will also illuminate the Scriptures to you and get you back on track if you need it. It is also a wonderful place to receive direction from Him. You need to develop your relationship with Him in this vital way. Christianity is not mere religion, but the right to personal, intimate fellowship with Him.
4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:4
4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. John 16:13
10. Check yourself out before the Lord for any unforgiveness or any “open doors” you may have to the enemy – repent and make changes as quickly as possible. Don’t forget about your provision in 1 John 1:9: “that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Remember sin will block the blessings of God. So get rid of all of the blessing blockers!
11. Continue in your normal daily devotions and Bible reading, learning, growing and maturing irrespective of your situation. Take a look at our Scripture Reading Plan it is by far the best I have found. Also, begin to Journal the little gems of truth the Lord reveals to you in your daily devotions. They will serve as an anchor to your soul as you refer back to them when the going gets tough.
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Joshua 1:8
20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. 21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; 22 For they are life to those who find them,And health to all their flesh. Proverbs 4:20-22
12. Finally – Stand, and keep on standing! Dig your feet in and refuse to be moved from the truth of God’s Word. Don’t waiver because as it says in James 1:6-7, that person will not receive from God. Never let go of the promise. Know the difference between a miracle and a healing. Miracles are instant, and healings are progressive. Important – read Mark 4:26-29, this describes the law of progression that is the norm for the Kingdom of God.
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— Ephesians 6:10-18
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; James 1:6-7
26 And He said, “The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, 27 and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. 28 For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. 29 But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come.” Mark 4:26-29
Be careful not to put your healing in first place, we do not want it to become an idol. Keep the Lord and your relationship with Him and your love for Him in first place.
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:9